Asking 250 Chain Salon and Spa Owners And Managers Two Questions?
- What’s your biggest challenge when it comes to running a salon/spa chain?
- What specifically about running a chain of salon/spa do you find most difficult?
Over 48% stated that managing and motivating the staff was the most difficult aspect of running a salon chain.
- Keeping them happy within the job and keeping them motivated.
- Getting them comfortable with selling.
- Avoiding confrontation when dealing with issues.
- The consistency of work from day-to-day.
- Dealing with absenteeism as a result of holidays, sickness, pregnancy etc.
Almost 32% stated that getting new clients was the most difficult aspect.
- Coming up with marketing ideas outside of discounting.
- Advertising and Facebook not working in terms of bringing new clients through the door.
- Potential Clients knowing the salon actually exists.
Approx 20% listed that retaining existing clients was the biggest challenge.
- Unable to identify unhappy customer or customer happiness score.
- Justifying prices to clients in comparison to cheaper competitions.
- Justifying prices to clients who use home services.
- Staff, not re-booking clients.
Other significant issues stated by salons were marketing (17%), time management (15%) and selling retail (11%).
First things first. Who was answering the questions?
A mixture of salons answered the questions:
Beauty Salon 53 %
Hair Salon 22 %
Spa 18 %
Other (Eg: Barbers) 6 %
We have a better solution to the problems you face.
The MioSalon team works tirelessly to identify the problems that every salon and spa business proprietors come across day to day. Need to talk to the best salon coacher and advisor? Connect With Us!!