- What’s your biggest challenge when it comes to running a salon/spa chain?
- What specifically about running a chain of salon/spa do you find most difficult?
Over 48% stated that managing and motivating the staff was the most difficult aspect of running a salon chain.
- Keeping them happy within the job and keeping them motivated.
- Getting them comfortable with selling.
- Avoiding confrontation when dealing with issues.
- The consistency of work from day-to-day.
- Dealing with absenteeism as a result of holidays, sickness, pregnancy etc.
Almost 32% stated that getting new clients was the most difficult aspect.
- Coming up with marketing ideas outside of discounting.
- Advertising and Facebook not working in terms of bringing new clients through the door.
- Potential Clients knowing the salon actually exists.
Approx 20% listed that retaining existing clients was the biggest challenge.
- Unable to identify unhappy customer or customer happiness score.
- Justifying prices to clients in comparison to cheaper competitions.
- Justifying prices to clients who use home services.
- Staff, not re-booking clients.
Other significant issues stated by salons were marketing (17%), time management (15%) and selling retail (11%).
First things first. Who was answering the questions?
A mixture of salons answered the questions:
Beauty Salon 53 %
Hair Salon 22 %
Spa 18 %
Other (Eg: Barbers) 6 %
We have a better solution to the problems you face.